Solid Waste Manager
Full time, permanent
We are looking for a Solid Waste Manager who can inspire and embed long-term behaviour change within our community and our organisation.
In this role, you'll ensure that Waitaki District Council is managing solid waste in a sustainable manner. The position will entail ensuring asset management, monitoring and inspections, projects and contracts are run in accordance with legislation, budget, performance, and quality standards.
Up for the challenge? Great! Ideally, you'll need:
- NZCE/Dip Civil Engineering or Environmental Management with appropriate experience; or relevant tertiary qualification with 4+ years of related experience (if you're not quite there but are making significant progress with your qualification then we'd still like to hear from you)
- Effective project management skills i.e. leadership, negotiation, budget management, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound interpretive and analytical problem-solving skills
- The ability to supervise contractors
Oamaru is home to amazing artisans there are also fantastic outdoors opportunities, amazing limestone architecture, great cafes and some of New Zealand's best restaurants not to mention the fantastic outdoors opportunities including Aotearoa's longest national heartland cycleway (The Alps 2 Ocean) and the fabulous Waitaki Whitestone Geopark.
Enquiries can be made to Erik van der Spek, Recreation Manager on 03 433 0300
Applications close 4pm Sunday 27th September 2020